Murals used correctly are a brilliant way to bring authentic experiences into the home so residents can continue to enjoy the same things they did when they were out in the community.
Murals have become both popular and infamous quite simply because there are good ones, and there are some truly awful ones! The mistake most commonly made with a Mural is to include too much detail. Many homes now proudly display confusng Murals illustrating pictures of objects which should be real. In other words, pictures have been used to replace things that we expect to be real. Common sense alone should tell us how confusing and frustrating that will be. I know if I see a shop window full of chocolate bars or something else nice to eat, I'll want to go and buy that item. But I can't, because it isn't real.
The correct use of a Mural helps to create an authentic scene and is then dressed with the real items you would associate with that scene. So a very popular option is a Cafe: this should feature a backdrop of a Cafe (inside or outside) and feature real tables, chairs, food and drink. Another example is a Pub. The Bar shouldn't be a picture of a Bar with pictures of beer pumps, pictures of bottles and pictures of glasses. It should be a back drop of pub-style decor with all the real things you'd expect to find in real a Bar.
A mural can be created on pretty much any theme you choose. The important thing to ensure is that whatever design you'd like is relevant to the population of the home where it will be displayed.
The simple rules are;
1. Make the Mural relevant to the residents and the locality.
2. Murals should always be used to set the scene for a REAL experience.
- Our Murals are printed on a Class 0 fire rated wallpaper which comes in standard wallpaper widths of 533mm. This fire classification exceedes the standard required.
- The paper has anti-bacterial properties and can be cleaned if required.
- Murals are supplied with excess to the top and bottom of each drop whilst the sides are trimmed to the finished size so they butt together like normal wallpaper.
Custom Murals - read before ordering
The prices illustrated are for standard designs at set sizes. You can order bespoke Murals on any theme and to any size but non-standard orders may incur additional cost.
If you would like a custom design please use the Contact link below to provide the following information and we'll provide an estimate by return;
1. The height of the wall - exclude skirtings and coving
2. The width of the wall
3. Who will install the Mural
4. Your location and contact details
- If you have a competent decorator on-hand you can install your own Mural and save some money.
- If you would like to use our installation service (which also protects you in case the Mural gets damaged during installation) please indicate this on your enquiry form. We have installers based at 16 locations around the country so we should have someone local to you.
- Click Here to send your quote request to TCHD.